Started in bed yesterday morning…. finished in bed this morning…. All of the rest of the knitting was completed yesterday evening and a wee smidge at dinnertime, while I soaked up the sunshine in the back garden, intermittantly nibbling on my stilton sandwich.
I WILL NEVER use this bobbly wool again….. even if it was the last yarn on earth! It was such a fidget to knit as my needles constantly kept getting stuck in the loops. But it was a bargain as the entire top used just under 4 x 50gm balls, and I only paid 50p a ball in a sale! The colour is beautiful and as I could find no pea green velvet ribbon and was (as ever) too impatient to wait for any to arrive in the post…. I quickly made up a little rose ribbon corsage and used the same ribbon to tie. As I knitted the top neckline I put in a buttonhole ready for this.
This heavenly pattern can be found at this lovely ladies blog peonyknits.blogspot.com. My computer is having a nervous breakdown and wont let me open any window other than the one i am working in so I cant put a hyperlink to it, sorry! I may not be able to put pictures either untill its mended, so apologies if there are none showing!
I shall make another of these in some Patons Vintage yarn that I have in the woolly hoard. Its much thinner but I think a airy effect may work well.
Last note: I will make the following alterations to the pattern the next time I knit it.
1. I will decrease at least 4 stitches across the back just before I start the ribbing to bring it in tighter and stop any gapeing.
2. It is almost impossible to knit those arm stitches from the spare yarn afterwards. Next time I shall put the fronts and back onto spare yarn first. Then knit each individual sleeve. I will put the fronts and back stitches onto the needles and knit them last of all.
3. I had to use a single crochet to join the underarm seam because the b***** bobbly yarn would not sew! BUT crocheting this little seam worked quite well.
4. Just incase I didnt hear myself last time….. I will not use bobbly yarn!